About Scotland's Futures Forum
Scotland's Futures Forum is the Scottish Parliament's futures think-tank. It works on a non-party basis to promote research and to stimulate debate on the long-term challenges and opportunities that Scotland faces, with the aim of informing MSPs and others and enabling them to consider the effects of decisions taken today on Scotland's long-term future.
Looking beyond the five-year electoral cycle and away from party politics, the Forum seeks to bring fresh perspectives, ideas and creativity on how we might prepare now for the future. It hosts discussions and seminars and presents ideas to engage Scotland's parliamentarians and challenge their thinking.
For more information, please see our Legacy Report from the 2011 to 2016 Parliamentary Session and Scotland's Futures Forum leaflet (1.2MB pdf).
SFF Board of Directors
- Rt Hon Ken Macintosh MSP, Presiding Officer of the Scottish Parliament (Chair)
- Claudia Beamish MSP
- Sir Andrew Cubie CBE, Chair of Quality Scotland
- Professor Sir Ian Diamond, Principal and Vice Chancellor of the University of Aberdeen
- Anne Douglas, Co-Chair of the Fair Work Commission
- Richard Holloway, Writer and Broadcaster
- Louise Macdonald OBE, Chief Executive of Young Scot
- Sarah Munro, Director of the Baltic Mill Centre for Contemporary Art
- Maree Todd MSP
- Adam Tomkins MSP
- Ken Hughes, Company Secretary. Ken is Assistant Chief Executive at the Scottish Parliament and within the SFF has responsibility as Company Secretary.
- Rob Littlejohn, Head of Business. Rob acts with delegated authority to organise and support events and projects in line with the strategic direction provided by the Board of Directors.
For more information, please contact ScotlandsFuturesForum@parliament.scot.