A review of Scotland’s Futures Forum’s work over 2022, bringing people together with the Scottish Parliament to explore democracy, education and tax.Read More
- Scrutinising the Use of Artificial Intelligence: A ToolkitA toolkit with seven key questions to scrutinise the design and use of artificial intelligence - for parliaments and others.
- Frameworks and Forecasts: Taxation in Scotland Event in November 2022 with the Scottish Parliament Finance Committee on taxation in Scotland.
- Let’s Talk Scottish EducationA forum debate in the Scottish Parliament on Tuesday 8 November 2022 on Scottish education as part of the National Discussion on Education.
- Information and DisinformationA Futures Forum debate at the Festival of Politics on 11 August 2022 on disinformation, new media and democracy. In partnership with the CPG on Tibet.
- Democracy 2045: Challenges and OpportunitiesA summary of the Futures Forum's work on the future of democracy from 2021 and 2022: environment, technology and participation.
- COP26: Code Red for ParliamentsThis report uses events at COP26 to identify a pathway for Parliaments in tackling the climate and biodiversity emergencies.
About Scotland’s Futures Forum
Scotland’s Futures Forum is the Scottish Parliament’s futures think-tank. It works on a non-party basis to promote research and to stimulate debate on the long-term challenges and opportunities that Scotland faces, with the aim of informing MSPs and others and enabling them to consider the effects of decisions taken today on Scotland’s long-term future.
Looking beyond the five-year electoral cycle and away from party politics, the Futures Forum seeks to bring fresh perspectives, ideas and creativity on how we might prepare now for the future. It hosts discussions and seminars and presents ideas to engage Scotland’s parliamentarians and challenge their thinking.
For more information about us, click here.
Sign up to our mailing list
If you would like to be kept informed of the work Scotland’s Futures Forum, you can join our mailing list.
We use the mailing to send messages about upcoming events and other work that may be of interest. We send a couple of emails a month at most. We ask only for your name and email address, and we never share your information with anyone else.
If you would like to sign up, please email: ScotlandsFuturesForum@parliament.scot.